Founded by Shanker Agarwal in 1979, Shanker is an emblem which represents a multidimensional enterprise, headquartered in Nepal, comprising of 40 companies across verticals.
The group operates in Nepal, with a mission 'To enrich peoples lives through an entrepreneurial ecosystem’.
Jagdamba Holdings and Jagdamba Group are the principal investment holding companies and promoters of Shanker companies.
In 2020-21, the revenue of Shanker companies, taken together, was over $1 billion (NPR 11,000 Crore). These companies collectively employ over 15,000 people.
Each Shanker company or enterprise operates independently under the guidance and supervision of its own board of directors.
Companies include Jagdamba Steels, Jagdamba Motors, Shaurya Cement, Riddhi Siddhi Cement, Himalayan Re-Insurance, Union Life Insurance, Jagdamba Cement, Jagdamba Enterprises, Jagdamba Flour and Agro, Jagdamba Mobiles, Jagdamba AlcoBev, Jagdamba Overseas, Modikhola Hydro Power, Balefi Hydroper, Jagdamba Credit and Investment and many more.
Scroll below to learn more about our business verticals.
“Shanker philosophy of management is that corporate enterprises must be managed in the interests of all the stakeholders, including our employees, our consumers, our international partners who we represent in Nepal, of the local community and finally of the country as a whole.” - Shanker Lal Agarwal
Shanker is committed to complying with local laws and regulations as well as applying a strict global code of conduct to all employees. We believe that ethical management is tool for building trust with its various stakeholders including customers, shareholders, employees, business partners and local communities.
Our Governance Philosophy is to ensure fair, transparent, accountable and ethical management in order to protect the interests of all stakeholders.
With an aim to become one of the most ethical companies in the world, Shanker continues to train its employees and operate monitoring systems, while practicing fair and transparent corporate management.
Shanker follows a simple business philosophy: to devote its talent and resources to delivering superior products and services that contribute to a better society. To achieve this, Shanker sets a high value on its people and technologies.
1. SUPPORTING PEOPLE TO BE AT THEIR BEST
• Growing human capital through intuitive and tech enhanced management priciples.
• Increase synergies across verticals and divisions to bring the best out of teams.
2. OFFER BEST PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
• To be a leader in every vertical of business we represent
• Provide products and services which gives customers highest satishfaction
• Contribute to the society through an engaged entrepreneurial ecosystem
• Being an engaged member of the community.
We believe that living by strong values is a key to any aspiring global enterprise. That’s why these core values are at the heart of every decision the company makes.
• We are dedicated to providing people a wealth of opportunities to grow personally, maintain the highest moral and ethical standards, respect human dignity and maintain integrity and honesty.
• To be driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to offer the best products and services on the market
• Promote business excellence in group companies by bringing in global best-in-class processes and facilitating the sharing of best practices.
• As our group motto says, a “Future to Lead”, anticipating market trends and demands, and setting up the group towards long term success
• Being ethical is the foundation of our business. Everything is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and transparency.
• Being a socially and an environmentally conscious corporate citizen in order to economically develop communities.
Shanker Lal Agrawal
Chairman – Shanker Group
Under our Corporate Slogan, “A future to Lead”, Shanker always seeks to the enrichment of people’s lives through business activities in Nepal.- Shanker Lal Agrawal
Since the establishment in 1935 from my father Lt. Rawat Lal Agrawal, Shanker Group has provided a variety of globally renowned products and services across the nation. Our group has not only gained immense goodwill in corporate circles but also follows best-in-class business practices across its associates, in line with its Business Philosophy, Vision, and Mission. We are always aware of the need to create customer value by offering products and services that go beyond our customer’s expectations and give them inspiration. We always interact proactively with our customers for better products and better services through our dedicated team members.
Looking ahead, we will be making every effort to ensure “customer satisfaction” and always continues to enjoy long and close relationships with our customers. I would greatly appreciate your ongoing support on this.